Client Description: Our client is dedicated to engineering innovative solutions for the automotive industry.
Position Summary: The Senior Planner/Buyer is responsible for working with the sales team to identify the materials requirement planning demand and supply needs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and communicate lead times for the delivery of parts and materials.
- Plan, schedule, and manage the delivery of required parts and materials.
- Manage suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery quantity and frequency.
- Work with the procurement specialist to ensure the correct supply quantity and delivery times to reach production goals.
- Maintain purchase orders to determine the incoming supply quantities and due dates from suppliers.
- Monitor the supplier shipments status and define appropriate actions if shipment delayed.
- Implement solutions to control inventory flow and minimize supply shortage.
- Ensure inventory levels are consistent to avoid inventory shortages and overages.
- Work with purchasing, engineering, change control, and document control to coordinate changes.
- Coordinate supplier ramp up and ramp down for new product launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other relevant degree.
- 3+ years of supply chain, materials management or purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (REQUIRED).
- Knowledge of various ERP/MRP systems required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a multi-discipline team.
- Must have a team-oriented attitude.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand.
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and relationship building.