Client Description: Our client assists companies in designing and outfitting their office spaces.
Position Summary: The Sales Executive will sell design and installation products as well as manage entire sales process with clients.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals for volume and margins
- Develop new business while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a sales strategy for all principal target accounts
- Develop and implement a market plan for all assigned accounts.
- Follow-up promptly with leads and new prospects.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and prospective and existing clients
- Identify client requirements and what matters most (economic and value drivers); suggest alternatives to meet client needs.
- Present company values and product demonstrations to the general business community and internally to employees.
- Assume ownership of entire sales process with clients.
- Develop accurate price quotations and proposals for clients.
- Attend business development functions, cold call, attend lunch/dinner and other functions with business influencers and with new prospective clients.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of developments in the industry and related products, applications, and design concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 1-4 years of sales experience ($55-65K, DOE)
- 5-7 years of sales experience ($70-80K, DOE)
- Previous experience in a related furniture industry segment
- Prior project management experience/knowledge essential.
- Demonstrated ability to logistically plan all phases of the project cycle essential.
- General understanding of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues, building systems and building codes essential.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English.
- Ability to write reports, and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information, written and verbal, in English, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proof of valid California state drivers’ license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.