Client Description: Our client assists companies in designing and outfitting their office spaces.
Position Summary: The Project Manager oversees goals, objectives, budgets and deadlines for a variety of projects and provides customer service to clients.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful installation and completion of every job, to the absolute satisfaction of all of our customers.
- Monitors actual labor time expended on projects quoted to ensure up-to-date knowledge of time requirements for various installation conditions and products.
- Works with team members to ensure that the job is completed per the quote.
- Performs special analysis and/or planning (site verification, phasing of product for order entry, etc.)
- Reviews Scope of Services form & project description to provide required detailed information & special requirements for the work orders to ensure clarity and understanding for lead installation personnel.
- Develops detailed work plans that provide loading requirements per the installation schedule, material handling, logistical plans, loading requirements & identification of potential issues & problem areas.
- Notes in writing all special equipment, vehicle and project requirements (special elevator scheduling, building security requirements, etc.) for work order packets.
- Provides technical review of specifications upon request.
- Attends client project/construction meetings upon request to coordinate furniture installation activities with the activities and requirements of the contractor, client, and building management parties.
- Performs pre-installation site inspections as required.
- Facilitates changes to scope of work and obtains approved change orders as needed.
- Oversees receiving and installation phases of project. Inspects quality of workmanship and ensures conformance to installation plans and installation standards.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Conduct final walk-through with client representative at completion of project.
- Obtain final client acceptance and sign-off upon completion of the installation.
- Directs and coordinates actions of multiple supporting positions within the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Interior Design, Engineering, or Facilities Management
- 2-7 years of related experience
- Operations database experience is preferred
- Previous working experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion with regard to defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Provide own transportation, proof of valid state driver’s license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle.