Client Description: Our client is a commercial interior design and furniture space planning company.
Position Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for managing the entire project scope, schedule and costs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation of furniture, case goods and ancillary furniture from inception to final project close out.
- Develop complete project schedule and preliminary customer status report.
- Develop the project budget and ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Survey and evaluate building access and site conditions identifying potential obstacles and provide the best solution.
- Verify the accuracy of specifications and pricing and generate installation quotes.
- Attend project meetings.
- Facilitate any needed changes to the original project scope.
- Coordinate the delivery and installation in accordance with the agreed upon schedule.
- Oversee entire project installation to ensure design accuracy and design intent.
- Develop punch list and schedule repair and completion.
- Develop Project Standards Binders, if needed and conduct client orientation to familiarize users with new furniture.
- Manage client relations and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in furniture project management, or in an equivalent industry
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to effectively work with clients and internal personnel.
- Professionalism, integrity and sound judgment in conducting business transactions and providing client satisfaction.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously monitor multiple complex projects.
- Ability to multitask, be proactive and have high energy levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- High drive for customer satisfaction and empathy for customers.
- Possible evening and weekend work as needed.
- Clean DMV and current auto insurance.