Client Description: Our client provides design services and custom cabinetry in the San Francisco East Bay.
Position Summary: The Estimator/Engineer will be responsible for completing estimates and proposals for all assigned projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain files for all new and updated projects.
- Review all project files and plans to ensure accurate and complete scope of work.
- Create accurate, complete and timely estimates for assigned projects.
- Maintain and update database with project files, contact information, etc.
- Track and process RFI’s, RFP’s, submittals, change requests, etc. for assigned projects.
- Manage each project from start to completion.
- Analyze all requests for cost and scheduling impact and communicate to project details and changes to all internal and external parties.
- 2+ years of experience; open to new grad with construction management or engineering degrees.
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service, highly organized with the ability to resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize all project.
- Strong mathematic skills, grounded in algebra, geometry and simple math
- Proficiency with current version of 20/20 Design Software.
- Expert in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with and ordering a variety of budget oriented, semi-custom and fully custom cabinet lines.
- Understand cabinet constructions and ability to prepare detailed engineering / schematic drawings, communicating design concepts and construction / installation details.