Client Description: Our client is an international, fast-growing product design and services company in the renewable energy industry.
Position Summary: The Embedded Quality Assurance Intern will focus on summarizing product features, developing test plans and executing test plans/cases on new product releases.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with software developers to facilitate debugging
- Create and maintain test plans, test cases and release notes for new products
- Execute test plans and test cases based on product requirements and specifications
- Consistently document field issues for future analyzation, manipulation or research
- Construct an environment for testing and defect reproduction/duplication
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant field of study
- Working experience with embedded Linux and basic user/admin capabilities
- Exposure to different QA methodologies and software development life cycles
- Experience using GIT, Jira and/or Confluence
- Familiar with embedded systems hardware: Microcontrollers, UART, SPI, I2C & Ethernet
- Experience with hardware debugging tools: multi-meter, oscilloscope and data logger
- Proven ability to work in a multitasking and dynamic environment
- Experience in QA for programming tools like compiler, debugger and profiler is a plus.
- Wireless mesh network (ZigBee) experience is a plus
- Knowledge of test automation and build environment such as Apache Maven
- Experience in monitoring and debugging products in large scale deployment