Client Description: Our client assists companies in designing and outfitting their office spaces.
Position Summary: The Commercial Interior Designer will be responsible for overall completion of design and related tasks for assigned projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform design and specifications using computer-aided equipment and software.
- Prepare, develop and review block and schematic plan specifications and installations.
- Verify plan specifications and product inventory for client orders.
- Revise and update existing drawings and specifications.
- Obtains client sign-off of final drawings.
- Work with sales staff to establish design requirements of proposal preparation.
- Prepare design proposals.
- Provide consistently complete, accurate specifications.
- Generate accurate scope of job based on customer expectations.
- Ensure that furniture plans are code compliant.
- Participate in project meetings with sales staff and clients.
- Create graphic representation of design using assigned design software.
- Attend weekly team meetings and report on status of projects and workload.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Experience using AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, 20-20 and CAP.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general construction drawings, professional journals, technical procedures and furniture specifications.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to apply the algebraic and geometric concepts involved in design creation.
- The employee must provide proof of valid state driver’s license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle.