Client Description: Our client assists companies in designing and outfitting their office spaces.
Position Summary: The Commercial Interior Designer will be responsible for overall completion of design and related tasks for assigned projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs design and specifications using computer-aided equipment and software.
- Prepare, develop, and review block and schematic plan specifications and installations.
- Verify plan specifications and product inventory for client orders
- Revise and update existing drawings and specifications as needed
- Obtains client sign-off of final drawings.
- Act as primary client contact with regard to design-related questions.
- Work with sales staff to establish design requirements of proposal preparation.
- Prepare design proposals as needed.
- Provide consistently complete, accurate specifications.
- Generate accurate scope of job based on customer expectations.
- Ensure that furniture plans are code compliant.
- Participate in project meetings with sales staff and clients.
- Create graphic representation of design using assigned design software.
- Is available for installation observation/assistance, and may meet with Project Management staff or outside contractors to review installation drawings and construction details.
- May work with Project Manager or sales staff to conduct final walk-through and prepare punch list.
- Enters time worked into database by job/project every week.
- Attends weekly team meetings (report on status of projects and workload).
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- 1-4 years of design experience ($55-65K, DOE)
- 5-7 years of design experience ($70-80K, DOE)
- Experience and demonstrated skill using Auto CAD, Microsoft Office Suite, 20-20, CAP, and rendering software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general construction drawings, professional journals, technical procedures, and furniture specifications.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- Ability to apply the algebraic and geometric concepts involved in design creation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The employee must provide proof of valid state driver’s license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle.