Client Description: Our client is a specialty steel subcontracting firm.
Position Summary: The Steel Project Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and administering the project from award through planning, engineering / drafting, procurement, construction and contract close-out.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Estimating/Sales in preliminary review of project scope, defining the major task areas and identifying key contract requirements to determine significant time, schedules and milestone deliverables.
- Develops budgets and schedules, monitors and charts progress and initiates action to assure schedules are met and work is performed within budget.
- Resolves all problems encountered within contract scope and coordinates final turnover to the General Contractor / Client or Owner.
- Responsible for managing both major and complex projects as well as simultaneous management of several smaller projects as directed by Manager of Projects / COO.
- Minimum requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
- B.S. in Engineering, preferred.
- Experience with general contractors and / or subcontractors and steel fabrication/erection, beneficial.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project/construction management, field foreman/field engineering in a large or multi project environment.
- Capable of working on projects ranging from $500K – $2M.
- Must have experience in planning, budgeting and directing projects with multiple trades.
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, presentations, and charts/graphs).
- Must be able to read instructions and numbers and write legibly in English.
- Must demonstrate an exceptional level of reliability and degree of effectiveness in written and oral communication skills.
- Manage projects and assist Senior Project Management.