Client Description: Our client is an industry leader in semiconductor technology.
Job Summary: They are actively seeking a motivated Sales Manager to assist with their US Auto Sales for Tier 1 accounts and customer support as part of their Automotive Sales Team. This position reports to the Sr. Sales Manager and serves as an individual contributor with no supervisory responsibility.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively direct and coordinate the technical stage of the sales process working with all functional internal and external groups, such as sales team and engineering units.
• Interface with Tier 1 level customers to negotiate contracts, sell products and act as a first-line source of technical information.
• Contact new and existing customers at many levels to promote, sell, and win the design-in of products
• Ensure Quarterly Business Reviews are conducted at each representative location and follow-up with actions items
• Provides assistance to customers through improved localized service
• Provides in-depth knowledge of major customers and provides direction to team members regarding specific customer activities
• Assist in all quoting activity for annual contracts and major bids
• Assist Product Marketing groups with the implementation of sales plans and sales growth for specific accounts
• Generate reports and perform forecasting duties
• Monitor and control cost of field sales activities
• Travel up to about 35% (domestic and international)
• Identify new business opportunities
• Stay abreast of new technologies, industry trends and enhance professional growth
• Conduct Presentations,
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Business or Marketing; or applicable major or equivalent combination of education/training and work experience, or equivalent industry work experience
• 1-3 year’s current work history and demonstrated skills & background supporting a sales and marketing environment preferably in Semiconductor, Electronics (Automotive) or similar industry
• Must be able to understand the market challenges, business processes and product lines, market segments, and applications
• Some technical background in Electronics would be helpful
• Demonstrated experience in successful customer and team relationships
• Electronics Distribution industry experience is a plus
• Understanding semiconductor products, manufacturing processes and their applications
• Strong computer proficiency and abilities, especially, MS Office Suite; spreadsheets, databases and Internet
• Formulate and deliver presentations and demos
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to multitask, working on several projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Possess valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
• Language skills a plus but not required (Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, or Spanish)
• Ability to work in diverse and fast-paced environments
• Flexible to Change Work Directions