Client Description: Our client is a global leader in enterprise level communication technology.
Position Summary: Provide proactive customer service to internal and external clients to ensure technical support issues are resolved.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inbound Customer Support
- Receive telephone calls or emails from customers about technical issues relating to software products.
- Engage with the customer to understand the issue and either resolve immediately or escalate the ticket where required.
- Log the call into CRM and document the customer issue and resolution provided.
- Check the voicemail system for customer calls and respond by contacting the customer.
- Ensure customers receive a prompt and timely response to their issues.
- A high level of customer engagement is achieved through providing excellent customer service.
2. Internal Support
- Respond to technical support requests from internal staff and stakeholders.
- Disable access to all systems, networks and databases for exiting employees.
- Ensure new employees are fully functional on their first day of work with all required technology and access to relevant systems, networks and databases.
3. Escalation Management
- Follow-up with appropriate departments to receive a timely response on escalated tickets.
- Ensure escalated tickets that are returned to Level 1 are actioned and closed after resolution.
- Update the ticket in the CRM system.
- Escalating support issues to your Manager if adequate support is not received from the Software Development and Operations teams to resolve an escalated ticket.
- Actively participate in projects such as investigating competitor products or emerging technologies, software that may enhance business processes, internal software and hardware audits and other projects as needed.
- Complete or update documented processes, product information and issue resolutions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Current or previous customer service experience where you demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and the ability to calmly and effectively solve customer problems.
- Intermediate or Advanced proficiency level with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of attention to detail.